permission denied on object sp_sdidebug

Guest

Hi, whenever I attach the asp_net to a web site, checking 3 boxes aspnet,
t-SQL and scripting in the dialog box, run the web site, I get te following
error in spite of the fact I am logged as an administrator and the tyhe
connectionn string has trusted conn.:
SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database
'master', owner 'dbo'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +195

Thanks for your help

Guest

Hi,

are you using Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication for
conecting to the DB. Or may be grant execute rights to the user through which
you are loggin into in SQL Server.

HTH.

Kaustav Neogy.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi SalamElias,

I think Kaustav's suggestion on checking the SQL db's security setting is
resonable. From the error info you provided, your program failed when try
to call a store procedure in the sql db. As Kaustav has said, you should
grant the proper permissions to the account you used to connect the sql db.
IF using Sqlserver authentication, that's the account you specify in the
connectionstring, if windows authentication, that'll be your asp.net
applications process identity if you 're not using impersonate.
Please feel free to let me know if you have anything unclear or there is
anything else we haven't quite understand well. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security