Permission failure on save/cancel button press

Guest

This happened last week and it's happened again today.
Last week it suddenly started working after a reboot of a server - we tried rebooting that server and it didn't help so it was probably a coincidence.

It comes up with a connect window asking for user name and password to connect to websvr.xxxx.com).

We just want any ideas about what to look at.

We have an aspx and aspx.cs.

The aspx has
<asp:button id="btnCancel" onclick="btnCancelEvent" Runat="server" Text="Cancel" Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="8" Font-Name="verdana"></asp:button></TD>

and the aspx.cs
public void btnCancelEvent(Object source, System.EventArgs e)
{
//Handle the cancel button click event
ViewControls(false);
lblMsg.Text = "";

}

and

if (!IsPostBack)
{
GetData();
ViewControls(false);
specialSecHeader.TitleText = "Special Security Pricing";

}
userName = User.Identity.Name;
if (userName.IndexOf("DOMAIN") > -1)
{
string myString = userName.Substring(10);
userName = myString;

When the cancel is pressed it comes up with a connect window asking for user name and password to connect to websvr.xxxx.com).
The same thing happens with another button handled in the same way (save).

To display this page it has had to execute an addnew which looks like very similar functionality.

Anyone any idea about what to look at?