    this request?

    Thanks
    Praveen

    Praveen Ramesh, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Praveen Ramesh

    Peter Huang Guest

    Hi Praveen,

    Currently I am looking for somebody who could help you on it. We will reply
    here with more information as soon as possible.
    If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

    Thanks for your understanding!

    Peter Huang
    Microsoft Developer Community Support
    Email :

    Peter Huang, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Hi Praveen,

    Thanks for your posting. About The .NET Whidbey, there is already a Whidbey
    newsgroup available now:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=whidbey&slcid=us

    Also, as my opinion, since the "PersistenceModeAttribute" is target to
    asp.net webcontrol's design-time support, it is apparent that we put this
    class under the System.Web Namespace rather than anyother namespace. Do
    you think so?

    If you have any other ideas or questions, please feel free to post here.
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 4, 2004
  4. Steven,

    Thanks for the whidbey link.

    Like I mentioned before, the property to which this attribute will be
    applied and it's type are in a base assembly and that type could end up
    being used in both the windows forms designer and web forms designer. So,
    the namespace is not a issue, it would be nice if the type definition gets
    moved to a "neutral" assembly like System.dll (in fact, I see that
    System.dll already has some types defined in the "System.Web" namespace) so
    that I don't have to link to System.Web.dll in my neutral-base assembly
    (neutral as in not depending on windows forms or web forms dlls).

    Thanks
    Praveen

    Praveen Ramesh, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Hi Praveen,

    Thanks for your followup. Yes, there're some certain Types existing in the
    System.dll, but they seems to be some fundamental types which are mostly
    for internal use, so the framework build them into the system level
    assembly. And those types like PersistenceModeAttribute are front UI
    related , which are mostly used by web control developers ,so it is put in
    a web specified assembly.
    Anyway, maybe in the future the .net framework's class library will become
    more flexible that makes the web developing or windows form developing (at
    least from the design-mode view) seamless with each other. That'll make
    much convenience to the developers. :)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 5, 2004
  6. Hi Praveen,

    Have you got any progress or further ideas on this question? IF there're
    anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 9, 2004