Persisting Component Datatypes in Custom Controls

Garry McGlennon

*** Appologies if a very similar version of this appears
in the group ***

I noticed my question has been answered before but I'm not
very clear on its solution:

However, I didn't quite understand the answer. It appears
they copied the code used in the Framework, but I don't
see how it relates to a simple control. I have the exact
same issue as the originating user.

If I create a class which is derived from Component and
have a property on my control which has the class as a
return type the IDE quite nicely gives me a drop down list
of all those components on the page. It doesn't however
convert from the string representation to the instance an
vis versa.

If there is an article on this subject (specific not
general TypeConverter - read a bit already) then that
would be good otherwise a simple sample with only the code
necessary to get it to work would be extremely helpful.

I look forward any suggestions.

Regards
Garry McGlennon