Persisting view in a datagrid/dropdown when moving between pages in ASP.NET

AJ

Hello All,

I was wondering what is the best practice to persist a recordset in
ASP.NET and how?

I have a query that returns specific data to a datagrid depending upon
which items are selected in the dropdown lists.

The user then can page through the datagrid to find the information
they want.

The problem is, when they click on a row in the datagrid it brings
them to a new page, however, when they click to return to the page
with the datagrid, the dropdowns and datagrid are back to the original
state, and the user must re-query.

I don't want to re-query each time I leave the page and return.

Can anyone recommend a good best practice to achieve this goal?

Regards,

AJ