Php doesnt fire within CSS Table?

rked

Does PHP not fire within a css table? Im miffed!
Heres code:

class="scrollTable">
<thead class="fixedHeader">
</thead>
<tbody class="scrollContent">
<?php
--php code stuff--

?>

</tbody>

Martin Jay

In message said:
Does PHP not fire within a css table?

CSS table? A table is table. :)

PHP should be triggered wherever it appears in the document.

My guess is that either PHP isn't parsing the file, check the source for
<?php
Code:
 ?> ...

Or, perhaps, your PHP code doesn't have any output.  Try adding:

echo "I'm here";

at the beginning of it.

JDS

Does PHP not fire within a css table? Im miffed!

Um, where's the PHP code? Also, technically you should post to
comp.lang.php or alt.php because this is likely a PHP question and not an
HTML one.

When properly configured (not hard to do), the PHP parser will parse PHP
in ANY PHP-enabled document, anywhere in the document. So that's why I say
this is a server configuration issue or a PHP code issue.

Steve Pugh

Does PHP not fire within a css table? Im miffed!

As PHP is interpreted by the server before the page is served out and
as CSS is interpreted by the browser after it has received the page
there's usually no real interaction between the two (exception: some
people generate their CSS files with PHP).
Heres code:

class="scrollTable">
<thead class="fixedHeader">
</thead>
<tbody class="scrollContent">
<?php
--php code stuff--

?>

</tbody>

There's no CSS there at all. That's an HTML table. So what do you mean
by the PHP "doesn't fire"? Can you post the URL of the page so we can
see the HTML being generated by this PHP?

Steve

JB

Has your file the extension "php"?
If it still has htm or html, php does not work, (at least on my
server)

Does PHP not fire within a css table? Im miffed!
Heres code:

class="scrollTable">
<thead class="fixedHeader">
</thead>