PHP generating XML

petermichaux

Hi,

I think I am getting very close to figuring out a good method for using
multiple PHP functions to generate parts of a single XML tree (that
will then be transformed to XHTML).

I have found two ways to use PHP to generate the composite XML
DomDocument but do not know how to decide between them. I have made up
an example of each method so you can see them and posted them on my
site so the formatting is a little nicer.

http://members.shaw.ca/petermichaux/store/PHP_generating_XML.html

Also, I'm really curious about the pass by reference confusion that is
in method one.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!

Thanks!!
Peter