php include question

granpaw

Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
want to update them with and include?
TIA
granpaw

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, granpaw
Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
want to update them with and include?

Yes[1].

[1] Strictly speaking, it can be possible to get the server to parse
other files as PHP (if your server configuration allows you to), but I
wouldn't recommend it.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, granpaw quothed:
Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
want to update them with and include?
TIA
granpaw

You can use server-side includes (if your host supports them.)

Toby Inkster

granpaw said:
Can someone tell me if I have rename all the pages with a php ext. if I
want to update them with and include?

No.

If you have access to your Apache configuration (httpd.conf or .htaccess
files) you should be able to set Apache to process files as PHP regardless
of their name.

For example, to tell Apache that all files with name matching "*.html" are
really PHP files:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

Or to tell it to treat one particular file as PHP:

<Files myfile.html>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>