PHP/Layers Problem

HoDeHoo

Hi there,

This may be more of an HTML problem than a PHP problem but as I am a
beginnger at both I hope you will spare some compassion!

I was up till 4 am last night and spent a solid 6 hours doing nothing but
trying to understand and learn why the layers on the 2nd page of my script
aren't working properly!

The co-ordinates all look pretty bang on to me - especially Result +
Status/2 which are both left aligned by their left co-ordinate but which
rarely meet that way! (These layers contain the red bit of paper that shows
the result of the round and then either the icons to play again or a
congratulation to the end of the round message respectively.)

It seems to be draws, rather than wins/losses that cause the positions to
change - I'm not sure - I can't work it out for the life of me!

I wouldn't ask if I thought I could work it out but I've been staring at if
for so long without success that I am starting to think it's something
beyond my expertise! I'm only just starting out with PHP and am working my
way through a SAMS book at the moment - any help you can give me would be
greatly appreciated!

The page is at http://www.tastymota.com/psr/index.php but I presume you need
to see the code and as far as I know that means I have to post this
http://www.tastymota.com/psr/files.zip?

Many many thanks for ANY help anyone can give me! I know the logic and the
layout of the site may still be teething but these layers are my bug of the
moment!

Thanks again,

Dave

PS. Good luck with the game!

windandwaves

HoDeHoo said:
[...]

Love your design, but I do not really understand how it works ( i know
scissors, rocks, etc..) but i reckon you can make it simpler (less pages),
etc...

HoDeHoo

Less pages?!

I only have two :( I guess I could lump all the PHP into one page but I'm
having a hard enough time keeping track of it as it is! I just can't figure
out what's going on with the layers, I'm still working on it!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, HoDeHoo quothed:
[...]

Your valigns are inconsistent. Also, the spacer rows are superfluous;
use padding (css) instead.

HoDeHoo

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, HoDeHoo quothed:

Your valigns are inconsistent. Also, the spacer rows are superfluous;
use padding (css) instead.

I'm afraid I know nothing of CSS at the moment, that's one of my goals
though - one thing at a time!

When you say valigns what do you mean?

Sorry for my ignorance

Jim Higson

HoDeHoo said:
Less pages?!

I only have two :( I guess I could lump all the PHP into one page but I'm
having a hard enough time keeping track of it as it is! I just can't
figure out what's going on with the layers, I'm still working on it!

You can have as many PHP files as you want, it doesn't have to be one per
page on the server.

So, if the PHP is getting too long to keep track of, split it into smaller
files and use the include statement.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, HoDeHoo quothed:
I'm afraid I know nothing of CSS at the moment, that's one of my goals
though - one thing at a time!

When you say valigns what do you mean?

Change all valigns to "middle" and make unlimited.gif the same height as
its predecessors.