  1. eli m

    eli m Guest

    How do i make something with python that will ask the user for input, and then use the random.choice function to select a random choice from what the user entered.

    eli m, Feb 10, 2013

  2. l = [1,2,3] # or any list

    r = random.choice(l)

    Joel Goldstick, Feb 10, 2013

  3. eli m

    David Hutto Guest

    Below is a snippet example:

    import random as rand

    selection_enter = raw_input("Enter Selection List of Three Items
    Seperated By Commas: ")

    selection_list = selection_enter.split(",")

    print selection_list

    rand_choice = rand.choice(selection_list)

    print rand_choice

    David Hutto, Feb 10, 2013
  4. eli m

    David Hutto Guest

    The first one I sent directly to you, but it used randint with a list.
    The second should be what you're looking for. If not, then ask a
    little further what you need explained.

    David Hutto, Feb 10, 2013