Please help with permission denied on IIS6

Erik Jensen

I am developing an application on windows server 2003 which is a domain controler. When I run ASP.NET FileStream open and try and open a file which does exist in file system i get:
Access to the path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\files\myfile.exe" is denied.

this computer is a domain controler and I have added the user NETWORKSERVICE to the directory with read permissions

I would like to use a non web-shared directory for the file read

Do I have to reconfigure the webserver in machine.config to use a different domain account because I tried once and got a "runtime error"
Or could this be something else simple

Thanks