Plotting XY data

Pekka Jarvela

How could I plot my xy data from C++? I have heard that one can use
gnuPlot for instance, but has somebody actually experiences of that?
Does it work?

My aim is that of Matlab plot(x,y,'o'); which plots points (x,y) with
o's.

Pekka

Allan Bruce

Pekka Jarvela said:
How could I plot my xy data from C++? I have heard that one can use
gnuPlot for instance, but has somebody actually experiences of that?
Does it work?

My aim is that of Matlab plot(x,y,'o'); which plots points (x,y) with
o's.

Pekka

have a look at the GDI commands in msdn (www.msdn.com)
Allan

AlesD

Pekka said:
How could I plot my xy data from C++? I have heard that one can use
gnuPlot for instance, but has somebody actually experiences of that?
Does it work?

My aim is that of Matlab plot(x,y,'o'); which plots points (x,y) with
o's.

Pekka

gnuPlot is "stand alone" program which takes data in textual format and
converts them into graphics. Your C++ program can create text file in
format understandable for gnuPlot. Better might be to output the info
to std:cout. Users can still redirect it to file, but can also direct it
right into gnuPlot pipe.

AlesD

Benoit Mathieu

Pekka said:
How could I plot my xy data from C++? I have heard that one can use
gnuPlot for instance, but has somebody actually experiences of that?
Does it work?
I send data to gnuplot through a pipe. It is fine as long as
you are not concerned with speed. This is not specificaly C++.
For example pipe this to gnuplot :
plot "-" with lines
1 2
2 4