pop-up logon dialog box - Integrated Windows authentication - asp.net

E. Kwong

I'm experimentating with Integrated Windows authentication and am puzzled by
certain aspect of the native pop-up logon dialog box. After all the setup,
everything seems to work as expected: when logon to the domain, the dialog
box does not show; when logon outside the domain the dialog box pops up to
ask for credentials. What puzzles me is that after checking the "remember
my password" box, the dialog box never come up again whenever I logon
locally ("workstation" box checked), even after the machine is rebooted.

I went to our contractor's site which I know asking for credentials with a
Windows native dialog box, and checked that "remember password" box. I
exit out of the browser and then go back in; the dialog box has the user id
and password auto-filled. That's what I expect of the "remember password"
feature.

So do I configure the web pages wrong or is it some settings in my
workstation? W2K IIS5 server; XP workstation.

Thanks,