Popup window to raise event in parent window...can it be done???

Earl Teigrob

I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will affect
parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will be
saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page. In
order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can rebind
the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is saved.
Can anyone give my any advice on accomplishing this? Some code samples
would be great also, if anyone has done this.

Thanks in advance

Earl

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi Earl,

You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the parent
form.
Not sure if we have other better options too.

Cheers
Ashish M Bhonkiya

Earl Teigrob

Ashish M Bhonkiya said:
Hi Earl,

You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the parent
form.
Not sure if we have other better options too.

Cheers
Ashish M Bhonkiya

Earl Teigrob

Thanks Ashish...but I figured that much. I could really use some info on
raising an event in the child window that calls the event handler in the
parent window. Any ideas???

Earl

Vidar Petursson

Hi

Call a function
window.opener.FUNCTION();
Click a btn
window.opener.document.forms[0].BUTTONNAME.click();
Reload opener
window.opener.location.reload(true);

--
Best Regards