Post link shows ID instead of title in the URL

Joined
Jan 13, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm modifying a PHP blog for a project and realized that a post URL shows ID instead of title of the post. How can I correct this?

Considering I'm not advanced at PHP coding, is there a script I can use to make correction without tempering the database?

Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
13
Yes, you can modify the post URL to show the title of the post instead of the ID by using the post_name permalink structure in Wordpress. Here is how to change it:

  1. Go to the WordPress Dashboard and click on Settings
  2. Click on Permalinks
  3. Select "Post name" option under Common Settings
  4. Click on "Save Changes"
Now your post URL should show the title of the post instead of the ID.