Postback broken on forms with elements called "submit"

Helen

Just found an interesting issue with ASP.NET web forms. If you give
one of your form elements (a button in my case) an id of "submit" then
any elements that use postback won't work. The form element seems to
conflict with the form.submit() method.

The solution is of course easy.. call your button something else. :)

I'd say this is probably an issue with javascript (or maybe just my
lazy button naming *g*) rather than ASP.NET, but I thought I'd post a
message so people in the future who have the same problem won't pull
their hair out for as long as I did.

Helen

Eliyahu Goldin

This is a known problem with IE. And it certainly deserves frequent
mentioning. Thank you.

Eliyahu