Postback Not detected after showModalDialog is used

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MikeB, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. MikeB

    MikeB Guest

    This post is not about postbacks opening a new window from a
    showModalDialog window.

    I am using a modal dialog to populate a textbox in my form. When the
    form is submitted the code behind logic runs as if it were not a
    postback. Page.IsPostback is set to false even though it clearly is a
    postback.

    If i manually fill in this textbox and submit the form, it behaves as
    expected. If i use a standard popup window and javascript to fill the
    textbox and submit the form, it behaves as expected. It is only when
    the modal dialog is used to fill the textbox that the postback is not
    recognized.

    Unfortunately for me, it is required that i use a modal dialog here.

    Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have a fix?

    MikeB, Apr 6, 2004

  2. MikeB

    xcasalsv

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Mike,

    Could you please tell me how did you solve this problem? Thanks

    xcasalsv, Dec 30, 2011