PowerTheater from SequencDesign

Arijit

Hello Folks,

I am trying to run PowerTheater 2002.4.1. But I get an error which says the foll:

Segmentation Fault
ptshell: Error 0: child process exited abnormally
while executing
"exec >&@stdout <@stdin /p/sdt/sequence/2002.4.1/PowerTheater/bin/PowerTheater"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel exec $redir $new [lrange $args 1 end]"
(procedure "unknown" line 71)
invoked from within
"PowerTheater"

Can anyone please help?

Thanks, Arijit

Jonathan Bromley

Arijit said:
Hello Folks,

I am trying to run PowerTheater 2002.4.1. But I get an error which says the foll:

Segmentation Fault
ptshell: Error 0: child process exited abnormally
while executing
"exec >&@stdout <@stdin /p/sdt/sequence/2002.4.1/PowerTheater/bin/PowerTheater"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel exec $redir $new [lrange $args 1 end]"
(procedure "unknown" line 71)
invoked from within
"PowerTheater"

Can anyone please help?

Are you perhaps trying to issue the command that runs PowerTheater
from within the tool's own shell? The error is from a Tcl shell.
You typed the command "PowerTheater" to the Tcl shell; Tcl
didn't understand it, so punted it to its rather clever "unknown"
procedure, which decided that it was the name of a Unix command -
so it tried to run it (using the rather complicated "exec" command).

If the tool was already running at the time, you might well have
some trouble like that.

--

Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail: (e-mail address removed)