Precompiling for deploying

Benny Dein

Hi

I've used the aspnet_compiler.exe and got a folder with a compiled version
of my web page.
I uploaded the contents of the folder which was default.aspx,
precompileapp.config, web.config and a bin folder.

When opening the compiled site in my browser, i do not get the expected site
but just the text:

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not
be deleted!

My webhotel says to me, that they support asp.net v. 2.
What am I doing wrong here?
Why does it not use the compiled dll's instead of the dummy aspx, which has
replaced the original one, when I did the compile?