previous master page question

WebBuilder451

I'm using the master page for a single post back operation to another page
and i'm having trouble finding how to get a previous master page textbox.
Note: both pages use the same masterpage.
this is what iv'e tried so far but this does not fire.
if (PreviousPage != null)
{
tbTrepID.Text =
((TextBox)PreviousPage.NamingContainer.FindControl("tbTrepID")).Text;
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)
thanks (as always)

kes

WebBuilder451

got it. Thanks
if (PreviousPage != null)
{
tbTrepID.Text =
((TextBox)PreviousPage.Master.FindControl("tbTrepID")).Text;

(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)
thanks (as always)

kes

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

WebBuilder451 said:
I'm using the master page for a single post back operation to another page
and i'm having trouble finding how to get a previous master page textbox.
Note: both pages use the same masterpage.
this is what iv'e tried so far but this does not fire.
if (PreviousPage != null)
{
tbTrepID.Text =
((TextBox)PreviousPage.NamingContainer.FindControl("tbTrepID")).Text;

I am not sure of the precise method to do this. Perhaps

PreviousPage.Master.FindControl("textBoxName")

You may have to bubble the information down to the actual page before
submit, as I am not sure what information is sent to the next page.
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)
thanks (as always)

C# is more concise, which is what I like most about it, although the IDE
does finish things for you in VB.

WebBuilder451

thank you. That's what i did. Your answer is appreciated!!!