printing API

Discussion in 'Python' started by tertius, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. tertius

    tertius Guest

    Hi,

    I need advice on printing from python. The reports are simple text-based
    pre-formatted HTML files that must be send to a printer.
    I was hoping that there is a way to print the report making use of the
    existing HTML functionality of Netscape or IE.

    I found an example of creating Word docs on Mark Hammond's site
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ppw32 but would preferable like
    to stay away from Offi$e 2000++.

    I also found some PDF creation samples but I'd prefer to stick to simple
    text based format. I plan to use HTML templates that can then be
    modified by the user and merged by a python script.

    Any ideas will be appreciated.

    Many thanks
    Tertius

    tertius, Sep 24, 2003