printing external html page

dm

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to print a page, other than the one
displayed. I don't want the other page to display at all. I was thinking
of placing a button on the page that is being displayed, which will pull
up the print dialog to print another page. Is that possible? Thanks in
advance for any help.

Dave

Stuart Palmer

I think the solution here is to open the newwindow = window.open(newpage);
but outside the screens view i.e set the popup to open in a specific
location, then newwindow.print(); then newwindow.close();

I think I have seen this done before, but don't forget about these peps
without JS who won't be able to do this in this way.

Stu

dm

Thanks for replying,
I have figured out a way in the meantime similar to your idea with some
help from a post somewhere else. I have a layer containing an iframe
with the text positioned off screen. I made a button in the active html
that that executes code to put focus on the frame and print it. Before
that I have it test the type of browser to determine which code to
execute to print the page (since there seem to differences between the
browsers). Works like a charm now. Thanks.

dave