Printing Labels

Nick

Hi,

I'm converting an existing VB/Access app into an ASP.Net Intranet app. Most
of the conversion is pretty straight forward - except the printing! The old
app prints mailing labels on Avery stationary - but I can't see how I can
replicate this from the ASP...

Any ideas on how to do this? Conversion into Word/Excel (we have v2003) is
ok, as long as its seamless for the users.

Thanks

Nick

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Nick,

The printing from ASP.NET is done by the browser, your application has no
control over it at all.
What you can do is create a document that you know will be handled by an
application with richer printing capabilities, like .pdf or .doc
I do something like this, when I need to print something I use Crystal
report to create a report then I export it to pdf and is this pdf what I
send to the client.

Cheers,