Printing ruby code

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Zakaria, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Zakaria

    Zakaria Guest

    Zakaria, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Joel VanderWerf, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Zakaria

    lists Guest

    This is just off the top of my head, so it may not suit your needs
    but here goes: If you happen to use Vim, you could convert the ruby
    file to an html file with the :TOhtml command, then open the html
    file in a web browser and print it. I'm sure that other text editors
    can do something like this as well.

    -Ryan

    lists, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Zakaria

    Ken Collins Guest

    This is just off the top of my head, so it may not suit your needs
    That's kind of what I was going to recommend. I use a Drupal blog
    with VIM perl modules installed in the blog and on my server to
    syntax color code, ruby included.

    - Ken

    Ken Collins, Mar 16, 2006
  5. Zakaria

    James H. Guest

    I can't quite help you with your question directly (I just print from
    Textmate -- not colour coded), but for those of you looking to print
    code in their Wordpress powered blogs, I've been using Code Snippet
    (http://blog.enargi.com/codesnippet/). Although it doesn't officially
    support Ruby, if you move Ruby script from the Geshi folder (a required
    dependency) into your Code Snippet directory, you'll be made in the
    shade.

    James Herdman

    James H., Mar 16, 2006
  6. Zakaria

    Gregor Kopp Guest

    Gregor Kopp, Mar 16, 2006
  7. When stuck in Win32 land you can also check out using the scite editor:

    scite -p <fname>

    Gets you 2 and 3, but no method index.

    pth

    Patrick Hurley, Mar 17, 2006