    and hide the image that you click on to print the page

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark S., Aug 3, 2003

  2. Mark S.

    Jerry III Guest

    Hiding an image is fairly simple - just set it's display (or visibility)
    style for print @media rule. Like this:

    <head>
    <title>Print page</title>
    @media print {
    #printbtn { visibility: hidden; }
    }
    </head>

    As for selecting the default printer and all the other stuff: No. ASP pages
    are not WinForms applications (no matter how much certain ppl want them to
    be) and there are things you just can't do. Unless you do want to install an
    actual application on the client side, such as an ActiveX control that will
    do the printing for you (but then you can't simply use window.print() but
    you'd have to do the printing yourself).

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 3, 2003