problem block ram

devre

Dear,
I have a problem with my block-ram, namely I have made new perheperal
(opb-ipif) and I by means of coregen dpram have produced. But the
problem is when I want simulate something in modelsim 6.0d then reaches
I the decision that there are no DIN.
The dates become by means of a c programme (works) to slv3 a register
and there din <= slv3; .
You has problem ever this come against?
Thanks in advance,
Jan

Mike Treseler

devre said:
I have a problem with my block-ram, namely I have made new perheperal
(opb-ipif) and I by means of coregen dpram have produced. But the
problem is when I want simulate something in modelsim 6.0d then reaches
I the decision that there are no DIN.

Infer the block RAM from a code template instead
of using coregen, then simulation is easy.

-- Mike Treseler

devre

thanx for you respons, but I ready do this! I have genererated the
block ram with coregen and imported in edk. But it still not working.
other advance, please ?

Ben Jones

thanx for you respons, but I ready do this! I have genererated the
block ram with coregen and imported in edk. But it still not working.

If what you have already done does not work,
try doing something different, just as Mike suggested.
There are lots of things that could go wrong when using a core,
but not so many things to go wrong when using inferred RAM.

If the problem is still there when you change to inference,
then it is probably a problem with EDK, or your interface (IPIF) code.

If the problem goes away when you change to inference,
then it is probably a problem with Coregen.

Or, it could be a problem with your simulator or simulation libraries.

-Ben-

devre

could someone tell me how i use the inferred RAM.
Because i don't kwow how i start with it.
Please ?
Thanks in advance,
Jan