Problem building extension sample with Python 2.2.3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bren, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Bren

    Bren Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to build the sample extension file from
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/simpleExample.html.

    I get a linker error:

    Linking...
    spam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    __imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs

    Also, I find it necessary to ignore python22_d.lib and link
    python22.lib explicitly when I make a Debug build.

    I'm using MSVC++ 6.

    Any help appreciated, thanks.

    Bren, Jul 21, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Bren

    Bren Guest

    Thanks, that worked!

    Now, I am working on embedding python in a C/C++ app, so I would like
    very much to be able to debug the code in C/C++ functions when they
    are called by Python. Is it possible I could get a debug version of
    this lib/dll somewhere to let me do this? Is there a python22_d.lib?

    Bren, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Bren

    Bren Guest

    Nevermind, I see the answer in another thread.

    Ugh, this could be much easier...

    Bren, Jul 22, 2003