problem characters

John Hopper

Dim txtComments As String = Request.Form("tbComments")
causes an "unterminated string error" at runtime
when "tbComments" contains an apostrophe, a carriage
return, etc. and they are being rendered in the browser
within the txtComments textbox.

Before .net I replaced "'" with "''", etc and all was
well. This doesn't seem to work now. SqlServer stores a
carriage return but truncates the text in "open table,
return all rows" at the point of occurance. I've tried
htmlEncode, chr(13), etc etc

I've replaced the "'" with "", since nothing else seemed
to work.

How are others solving this type of problem?

Thank you,

John Hopper