problem compiling perl source on AIX 5.1.0.0 using GCC

marko sarunac

After much playing around a looking on groups i still can't find how
to fix this problem.

I have an AIX 5.1.0.0 with gcc 3.3.2 installed
The gcc is the AIX build obtained at UCLA
(http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/)
perl source obtained directly from perl ( :) )

I need to compile the perl with gcc as the modules that need compiling
try to compile with cc with any other aix distros of perl.

So here i am...

../configure and make ran ok

make test however posts 2 problems

lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.................gcc: `-b' must come at the start
of the command line
FAILED at test 1
..
..
..
lib/Time/Local.......................FAILED at test 20

once i tried running make install ignoring those errors and it
istalled ok....but i could not compile the cpan modules :)
(ex: GD module)

Any help is greatelly appreciated!!!!!