Problem/Error with Embedded Resources (Sound File)

Vanessa

Anyone know how to embed sound file to vb.net project, then play the sound
file?

I have searched the web for example... and download the example and when
run, it works perfectly.

But when i try to insert a sound file (.wav) to my project and set the Build
Action to "Embedded Resources". And then I use the same code as what I saw
in the example, but it gives me an error,

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in
Application.exe
Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

When i debug, it prompt an error at the if statement, when my mouse move
over to Str, it's nothing. Anybody knows what's wrong or what i did wrong?
Dim strNameSpace As String =
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Name.ToString()

Dim Str As Stream =
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(
strNameSpace + "." + wav)

if Str.CanRead Then

Regards
Vanessa

Jan Hyde

"Vanessa" <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts were
released on Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:15:46 +0800 bearing the
following fruit:
[...]

Please don't post to more than two or three groups at a
time.

Firstly strNameSpace doesn't neccesarily contain the
namespace of your resource.

Secondly, where's the filename of this resource?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
I was shopping around for a car, and one salesman says,
"You look like the kind of guy who'd want the AM/FM radio with

I hate being stereotyped.

(David Reihmer)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]