Problem for IE 6 / ASP.NET with Smartnavigation

Anders K. Jacobsen [DK]

Im developing an ASP.NET application in .net 1.1.

I have a page where i have a dropdownbox in top. The page have added 4 user
wich all are hidden. According to the selection in the ropdown i show a User
Control.

My problem is, when enabling Smatnavigation, that some of my javascripts
suddenly get null references. I see why (I guess) when i view the source for
the page its not what the page is showing (!?!).

Its showing the htmlcode for one of the usercontrols...Very strange. I guess
must be a question about caching with this behavior, and the IFRAME thing
wivh SmartNav uses.

If i use mozilla it works...but of course....the hmtl output is downgraded
to a non-smartnav edition.

Any suggestions? You think its a cach question?, if yes any suggesiton how
to get around it?

Thanks in reagards
Anders, Denmark

bruce barker

you have to include all your javascript on the first render of your page. in
smartnav, the postback happens in the hidden iframe, then the dom is copied
to the main frame. javascript include in the postback, is in iframe, and not
copied. if your clever, you postback javascript can detect it in smartnav,
and copy itself to the main frame. read the smart nav code js code, and it
should be obvious how to do this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)