Problem installing gems

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Robert Isaacs, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C53C3F.0A308567

    I am having a strange problem on one of my desktop machines trying to
    update the list of rubygems, or indeed, to install any remote gems.
    When I try to execute the command: "gem update -r" on the machine, I get
    the following message:
    =20
    Upgrading installed gems...
    =20
    and it freezes there forever.
    =20
    One other interesting fact that might be useful is that wget also fails
    on this desktop as well. It times out on *sending* the http request.
    Granted, I know this fact might make this problem non ruby specific but
    I think it only started happening after I installed ruby on cygwin. I
    also installed Ruby with the windows installer. I tried to remove
    cygwin and reinstall it... all to no avail.
    =20
    I'd really like to do some development on this machine, so any help is
    appreciated!
    =20
    Thanks in advance!
    =20