Problem with Callbacks

Guest

Hi,

I am trying to do a callback to a control that has itself been rendered to
the page by a different callback. When I try to do this I get the following
error:

The target "{fieldName}" for the callback could not be found or did not
implement ICallbackEventHandler.

This error comes from the WebForm_DoCallback function call.

As I say this error only occurs if the control I have created (which
implements ICallbackEventHandler) was added to the page via a callback itself
rather than at page load.

So I'm wandering, when it says it can't find the target, where is it
looking? The field is certainly present in the DOM. Is there some other
collection that is maintained which is only build during a normal page load
to which a control is not added if it is created during a callback (or even
client side).

Do you know if there is any way around this problem?

Thanks if you are able to help.

Julian Jelfs