Problem with email form script and %7E tilde (~) substitution

Krispen Hartung

Hello all -

I am ready to pull my hair out, and I've gone back and forth with Earthlink
tech support on this with no resolution.

I created a form using the EarthLink email form script:
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://home.earthlink.net/cgi-bin/mailto">

My webpage that uses the form is here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~barbara.hartung/review.htm

The problem is that IE converts the '~' into a '%7E', and when I link to the
above URL from a another page, the URL that pops up is below:

http://home.earthlink.net/~barbara.hartung/review.htm

When I complete the form, I get the following error:

******************
Invalid Referer
This script may only be called from a web page hosted on the EarthLink Home
Farms. For more information please visit the resources at your Personal
Support Center.

However, if I copy the URL with the '~' into my IE browser and complete the
form, it works fine. The script doesn't like to be run from a page with the
'~' replacement. Therefore, the page is useless to me.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating. I'm used email forms in the past
many times, but never with this problem. I'm even open to using another
remote email form script, if it's free and ad-free.

Kris

Hywel Jenkins

[...]

So you've fixed the problem?