Problem with Internet Explorer on Mac: links and buttons stop working

Adrian Stovold

I've written an ASP.NET application in VB.NET. It works fine on all
Windows platforms and browsers, but there's a problem on the Mac
version of IE (v5.1.5) running on Mac OS 9.2.

I can reproduce the problem as follows:

In my application I have two pages. Page 'A' lists records from a
database. I click on the link to the first record and it takes me to
Page 'B', where I can edit the record. I wait for Page 'B' to finish
and it takes me back to Page 'A'. Once Page 'A' has finished loading,
I then click on the first record again, and so on.

After several cycles of clicking the same two buttons, the links stop
working! I just see the little spinning wheel, but nothing else
happens. Also, all the other links on the page stop working too.

I don't think there's a problem with my code, as the rendered HTML is
not changing from one cycle to the next. I have not added any
client-side script, so the pages only contain what ASP.NET creates.

I saw a post from someone who had experienced identical behaviour, but
there were no responses to it. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian Stovold