    other script for that.

    Regards..
    Debashish Hota

    Debashish, Aug 14, 2003

  2. 1. Learn the lmstat command to find out who is holding licenses,
    and train them to close the gui.

    2. Learn to use command line execution: vcom -c and vsim -c.
    vcom (command line) does not require a license. Bringing up
    the gui with vsim.exe holds a licenses for the whole
    session, even if you are just editing and compiling.

    Running a text testbench with vsim -c only holds the license
    during a sim and then relinquishes it.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Debashish

    Debashish Guest

    Thank you Mike i have downloaded the FLEXLM enduser guide.This solved
    all my problems.I am using lmstat -a and lmremove

    Debashish, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Debashish

    Prasanna Guest

    Hi,

    Use "lmremove" command with the license admin privileges. To recognize
    that the process is dead, there are unix ways and I am not aware of
    windows ways.

    I suggest wrap your modelsim command with a shell script that takes
    care of these issues.

    Regards,

    - Prasanna

    Prasanna, Aug 19, 2003