Problem with Paint.net

Guest

Hi

Newbie here - don't know if this is the right thread to post in - no doubt
someone will tell me if it's not!

Recently lost MSPaint and had to download Paint.net as a replacement,
together with numerous .net add-ons (said they were required!). Since then,
whenever I boot-up I get the following error message ...

"pchnotify.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the convenience."

And now my Norton continually tells me that my anti-virus and firewall are
turned off, although it corrects itself within a few minutes.

WHY??

I contacted HP (whose machine I am running) but they weren't very helpful
and ended up telling me to use my recovery discs, but I don't really want to
do this.

I've since reinstalled MSPaint again, but I like Paint.net and want to keep
it. But this error message annoys me - seems harmless as nothing ever comes
of my simply closing the error message window, but I'd like to get rid please.

Any ideas?

Scott M.

Paint.NET is a 3rd party piece of freeware (not the same Paint that comes
with Windows). Whatever problems you are having with it should be directed
to the software manufacturer's tech. support page. This is not a Microsoft
product.