problem with postback in load balancing

nemesis.saurabh

hi,
i am stuck up on this problem.

In a load balanced scenario the post back is not happening i.e. when a
control on the web form is clicked, the post back does not occur at the
server and server code does not get executed and it times out depending
on the IIS settings. For example, we have a simple web form with a
button. When the button is clicked, the code in the button click event
in the .cs should get executed. However this does not happen when the
form is executed through the load balancer URL. However, the same gets
executed on individual servers in the load balance cluster. The same
piece of code works perfectly when executed on any individual server.

regards,
Saurabh

djmc

In your web.config, do you have a machinekey with validationkey and
decriptionkey set?

<system.web>
<machineKey validation="SHA1" validationKey="<64-byte key>" decryption="AES"
decryptionKey="<32-byte key>"/>
</system.web>

This will allow all the servers in your web farm to decrypt each other's
postbacks.

Hope that helps.
-DJ

nemesis.saurabh

thanx DJ for the prompt response.
But we are still stuck up at the same level.
any more suggestions.
regards,
saurabh

djmc

hmm, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. post any extra
info that might be relevant. maybe check the event logs possibly.