Problem with python threads

Ravi Mamidipaka

Hi all,
I am running a python cgi which inturn calls
a python thread.
This python thread executes some commands and sends an
email to the
admin.
I am facing a strange problem, in the cgi
script when I set
the python
thread to run as Daemon, then it does not send the
email, but when I
donot set the thread as daemon, it does send the
email.
Can somebody help me as to this behaviour ?

I am running the cgi and python scripts on linux. The
only problem I
can see is that the email module is present in
python2.3 and I have
python 2.3 installed at /usr/local/lib/python2.3 and
also have
python1.5 installed at /usr/lib/python1.5.

Is this the problem for such behaviour? Is there a way
to fix ? Could
somebody help me out please?

Thank you in advance.

Ravi.