Problem with StateServer?

Per Salmi

My team is building an ASP.NET web application that uses out-of-process session
state with the StateServer setting. We have a very strange problem on one
of the development machines.

The application is running under IIS on a WinXP SP2 machine connecting to
StateServer on localhost port 42424. On all of our developer machines it
runs fine and responds promptly using this configuration except for one machine
where it takes about 30 seconds to load every page for the first time. If
we change to InProc state management in web.config this machine also runs/debugs
the application with full speed.

Does anyone know what could be the cause for this slow access to the local
StateServer process?

We have not noticed any error messages or other problems connecting to localhost
services. All IIS webapps using old ASP or ASP.NET with InProc session state
storage works well.

Best regards,
Per Salmi