Problem with Themes in asp.net 2.0

RichardF

Can anyone get themes to work in asp.net 2.0?

The page I have below always looks exactly the same whether I leave
out the Theme directive, or whatever valid value I put for the Theme.
If I put an invalid value (like XXX), then I get build errors.

Any ideas?

<%@ Page Language="VB" Theme="SmokeAndGlass" %>

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Test</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<h1>This is only a test!</h1><br />
<asp:Textbox ID="TextBox1" Runat="server" /><br />
<asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" Runat="server" /><br />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" Runat="server" Text="Button" />
</form>

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Richard,
I've used themes in Whidbey Beta 1, and it works for me. Have you
examined the SmokeAndGlass theme to ensure that it has a default.css and
..skin file? Have you verified that it contains the appropriate elements to
actually make a difference in this simple page?

I have it working exactly as the docs say it should work.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

RichardF

Jeffrey,

The BasicBlue theme only has a .skin file and an Images folder.

The SmokeAndGlass theme has a .skin and a .css file and an Images
folder.

Neither theme works. It's not essential for what I am doing at the
moment, but I would like to figure out why it's not working!

Any thoughts?

RichardF