Problems using a unmanaged DLL from ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Luiz Miranda, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Luiz Miranda

    Luiz Miranda Guest

    Hi

    I need to access a unmanaged DLL from my ASP.NET page. This DLL (a "true"
    DLL, not a COM DLL) is a database manager with 2 DLLs and 1 .EXE (no
    interface).

    If I try to access this DLL from a winform application I have no problem.
    if I try do access this DLL from a ASP.NET webform application in my
    development machine I have no problem too, but if I put my web application
    in any other machine, I get an error (from DLL) saying something meaning
    that it can't access the others DLLs. I never get any exception from CLR.

    The strange thing is that in another machine (my server), the web
    application works ok too, but I just can't be able to repeat the process to
    make any other machine works too.

    I think that this is some kind of permission error, from IIS or from .NET
    framework.

    I already try to gain full access to all machine and to my assembly, with no
    success

    In my assembly that calls the DLL, I put a
    "Security.SupressUnmanagedCodeSecurty" attribute, and a Assert in
    SecurityPermission with flag "UnmanagedCode" set to true, with no success
    too.

    One thing that can be usefull is that if I change in my machine (that
    works) the DLL call to access data in another drive (<> C:), I get the an
    error too, but a diferent one. The error code is not very precise, but can
    be permission related.

    I already try to use a "Security.FileIoPermission" attribute, with no
    success too, but I can't say for sure if I did everything right, because I'm
    a newbie in this .NET security related problems.

    Important to say that in my machine and in my server, call to this unmanaged
    DLL works ok without use of any attributes in my code.

    I'm using .NET 1.1 and Windows 2000 Pro (my machine) and Windows 2000 Server
    (my server). VS.NET 2003 is instaled only in my machine.

    Thanks in advance

    Luiz

    Luiz Miranda, Jul 30, 2003