Problems with Enterprise Localization Framework and .NET FW 1.1

MarkMurphy

We had downloaded the Enterprise Localization Framework a few months
ago for evaluation and were using it under .NET Framework 1.0. We've
just now upgraded to .NET Framework 1.1 and have started having
problems.

When attempting to generate resource dlls with
LocalizationManagement.exe, I get an exception:

Unable to generate loose file resources: The type initializer for
"Microsoft.Toolkits.EnterpriseLocalization.ElementResourceSet" threw
an exception at at Microsoft.Toolkits.EnterpriseLocalization.ElementResourceSet.get_FullName()

When I use viewer.exe to open a previously compiled satellite dll such
as toolkit.resources.dll, I get the error:
The type initializaer for
"Microsoft.Toolkits.EnterpriseLocalization.ElementResourceSet" threw
an exception.

1. I was wondering if I need to recompile the toolkit against the new
framework but I don't see the source to either LocalizationManagement
nor Viewer. Is it possible to get the source?

2. Do I need to modified the ControlTypes table to reference 1.1.4322
(.NET 1.1) versions of all controls? I'm thinking no because the
table now refers to 1.0.3300 (.NET Beta?) though we were using
1.0.3705 version (.NET 1.0) controls. It's unclear how the
AddControls application works.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Murphy,

I'm looking for someone who can assist you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: (e-mail address removed) (MarkMurphy)
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!Subject: Problems with Enterprise Localization Framework and .NET FW 1.1
!Date: 17 Jul 2003 15:43:23 -0700
!
!We had downloaded the Enterprise Localization Framework a few months
!ago for evaluation and were using it under .NET Framework 1.0. We've
!just now upgraded to .NET Framework 1.1 and have started having
!problems.
!
!When attempting to generate resource dlls with
!LocalizationManagement.exe, I get an exception:
!
!Unable to generate loose file resources: The type initializer for
!"Microsoft.Toolkits.EnterpriseLocalization.ElementResourceSet" threw
!an exception at at Microsoft.Toolkits.EnterpriseLocalization.ElementResourceSet.get_FullName()
!...
!