Problems with the RoleProvider

caius

Hi, I recently develop a custom membership provider and role
provider . I did configure the central admin and the SharePoint site
to use them. I can now use the login page and authenticate to
SharePoint when the user is listed as a member of the site, when it is
not listed as a member but is in a role it never works.
When I attach visual studio and try to authenticate, I see the user
getting through the validateUser on my membership provider since the
user and password are corrects, then I see it calling the
GetRolesForUser in my role provider and that is returning an array
with "admin" and "developer". The role "developer" is listed in the
site with full access, but I get an access denied page. If I then add
my user with the same privileges it works fine. I saw that it appends
the name I used for the roleprovider on the web.config to the front of
the role name like myRoleProvider:developer, so I even try to return
that string from the GetRolesForUser but didn't work either.
I haven't been able to see people having similar issues with the role
provider. I know all the methods are returning the correct values, so
I don't understand why is not recognizing the user as a member of the
role.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also posted this message in the SharePoint group