Problems with the RoleProvider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by caius, May 20, 2007.

  1. caius

    caius Guest

    Hi, I recently develop a custom membership provider and role
    provider . I did configure the central admin and the SharePoint site
    to use them. I can now use the login page and authenticate to
    SharePoint when the user is listed as a member of the site, when it is
    not listed as a member but is in a role it never works.
    When I attach visual studio and try to authenticate, I see the user
    getting through the validateUser on my membership provider since the
    user and password are corrects, then I see it calling the
    GetRolesForUser in my role provider and that is returning an array
    with "admin" and "developer". The role "developer" is listed in the
    site with full access, but I get an access denied page. If I then add
    my user with the same privileges it works fine. I saw that it appends
    the name I used for the roleprovider on the web.config to the front of
    the role name like myRoleProvider:developer, so I even try to return
    that string from the GetRolesForUser but didn't work either.
    I haven't been able to see people having similar issues with the role
    provider. I know all the methods are returning the correct values, so
    I don't understand why is not recognizing the user as a member of the
    role.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    I also posted this message in the SharePoint group

    caius, May 20, 2007