process.start

Brian Shannon

I need to use System.Diagnostics.Process.Start and am having a hard time
formatting my string.

My process is: "C:\Visual Cut.exe"
And my arguments are:
-e "C:\TimeTrackingDaily.rpt" "Parm1:Yesterday"

I need help formatting my arguement to include all the quotes and spacing.
The spacing needs to be exact and the quotes need to be in place otherwise
the program being called will fail.

If this helps my batch file looks like:
"C:\Visual Cut.exe" -e "C:\TimeTrackingDaily.rpt" "Parm1:Yesterday"

If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there a way to include quotes within quotes such as

dim quote as string
quote = "hello my name is "Brian""
Where Brian has quotes around the name when displayed?

Thanks

Bobby Ryzhy

For the quotes you will need to use an escape charachter - in c# it is
a \. So it would look like - quote = "hello my name is \"Brian\"".
Or you can just use the char twice like this - quote = "hello my name
is ""Brian""".

Bobby Ryzhy
bobby@ name of domain below
http://www.weekendtech.net

Sunny

string params = "-e C:\\TimeTrackingDaily.rpt\" \"Parm1:Yesterday\"";

Hope that helps
Sunny

Brian Shannon

Does the \ work as an escape character in VB as well as C. I am using
VB.NET

Thanks

Sunny

Oh, sorry, I don't know in VB.Net.
But there should be some kind of a escape char.

If my memory serves me correct, in ASP and VBE I was able to use "", so
you may try in VB.Net as well

Sunny