Programming languages design for JVM

David N. Welton

Steve said:
I want to ask the Programming Languages for JVM
http://www.robert-tolksdorf.de/vmlanguages.html will convert the
language the Java Servlet, or Java bytecode? Which way is easier to
implement, or better approach in terms of designing a langauge that
runs on JVM?
Please advice. thanks!!

What is it that you actually need to accomplish, Steve? That's probably
an easier starting point for advice.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

napi

Steve said:
I want to ask the Programming Languages for JVM
http://www.robert-tolksdorf.de/vmlanguages.html will convert the
language the Java Servlet, or Java bytecode? Which way is easier to
implement, or better approach in terms of designing a langauge that
runs on JVM?

I believe most of the languages listed in
http://www.robert-tolksdorf.de/vmlanguages.html
generate Java Bytecode. It's up to you to produce applications or
applets. The servlet feature would depend on whether the
language/compiler provides the means to utilize the JVM's threading
facility. When designing a language/compiler for the JVM it should be
able to let the user to easily select to produce an app or applet. It
should also take advantage of the available resources in the JVM such
as multi-theading for the purpose of having lightweight inter-process
communication for client-server or peer-to-peer type of communication.

Napi
http://www.axiomsol.com