Properties, Styles and StyleSheets for a web control

JezB

A web control can have a ForeColor property, a Style collection which can
define a "color" property, and a CssClass property which also defines a
"color" property.

Which takes precedence?

Is there any programatic examination and manipulation of these properties
allowed and if so where ? eg. the code-behind, or only within the .aspx file
?

I want to be able tom programatically examine the rendered color of a
control and if necessary, change it : any advice on this ?

avnrao

the one defined in web control style collection will take precedence, and
not the one defined in CSSClass.
you can programmatically check it using java-script. (control.style.color)

Av.

JezB

If there is a CSSClass and NOT a style then how can I programatically
determine the colours? MyControl.CssClass will just give me the name of the
style-sheet - from this how can I access it's attributes ?