public var, but says Inaccessible due to protection level

Jason Shohet

I have a line:

public System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable bldgInfo;

Even though its public, for some reason every so often, .NET tells us that
bldgInfo table is inaccessible due to the protection level. Its an html
table -- but serverside. And it sits on a ascx (control).

When we try to access that table from somewhere else, we get that error.

Any ideas?

Jason Shohet

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Where are you trying to access it from? Are you trying to access it from
another page?

Why?

bill