py_xmlrpc is it supported?

Elbert Lev

Hi, all!

I was experimenting with xmlrpc and found, that SimpleXMLRPCServer is
rather slow (especially on Windows). Found that there is py_xmlrpc
package. It was last updated in 2003 and is still on 2.2. Is somebody
mainaining the package?

The build for 2.3 takes 5 minutes. When build was done, I found that
it really works very fast. Can somebody give an outline of differences
in standard xmlrpc(lib) module and py_xmlrpc.

In particular: can the client use pyxmlrpclib and the server be
standard SimpleXMLRPCServer?

Brian Quinlan

Elbert said:
Hi, all!

I was experimenting with xmlrpc and found, that SimpleXMLRPCServer is
rather slow (especially on Windows). Found that there is py_xmlrpc
package. It was last updated in 2003 and is still on 2.2. Is somebody
mainaining the package?

The build for 2.3 takes 5 minutes. When build was done, I found that
it really works very fast. Can somebody give an outline of differences
in standard xmlrpc(lib) module and py_xmlrpc.

I have no idea what the difference are exception that xmlrpclib is
implemented in Python instead of C.
In particular: can the client use pyxmlrpclib and the server be
standard SimpleXMLRPCServer?

Both pyxmlrpclib and SimpleXMLRPCServer pass the XML-RPC compliance
tests so they should interoperate without any problems.

Cheers,
Brian