pylab plot_date problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Shah Sultan Alam, Mar 19, 2009.

  1. Hi ,
    I am using following code to create a graph
    def plot_plot():
    ax = pylab.subplot(111)
    for count in range(len(yaxes_values)):
    pylab.subplots_adjust(left=0.13, bottom=0.21,
    right=0.90, top=0.90,wspace=0.20, hspace=0.20)

    ax.plot_date(id_dates,yaxes_values[count],fmt='o-',label=titleList[count])
    pylab.xlabel('Time Stamp')
    pylab.ylabel('Values')

    ax.xaxis.set_major_locator(pylab.MinuteLocator(interval=Interval))
    ax.xaxis.set_major_formatter(formatter)
    labels = ax.get_xticklabels()
    pylab.setp(labels, rotation=90, fontsize=8)
    ax.set_title(choice)
    pylab.grid()
    font= FontProperties(size='x-small');
    pylab.legend(loc=0, prop=font)

    each time I am re-initilliziing the "titleList" before calling the
    plot_plot , This works fine for one graph,
    But if I call it more then once the label keep appending ..
    How to get rid of this ?

    Regds
    Shah Alam

    Shah Sultan Alam, Mar 19, 2009

  2. Shah Sultan Alam

    pylatino Guest

    Just a random thought, though I don't have experience with the module
    pylab and the function titleList, it sounds like you need to
    initialize the titleList inside the same plot_plot() function, rather
    than from outside. I would say try:
    Hope it helps,
    Omar

    pylatino, Mar 20, 2009